Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Super Buger (w/ 'Special' Sauce!)



This recipe is one that I created on the fly when putting together a quick burger for me and the fiancé. With cheddar cheese and jalapeño bits inside, and topped with bacon and Yellow Copper cheese, this burger is the ultimate in guilty pleasures.


For 4 big burgers, gather the following ingredients:

1 lb ground beef (85/15)
4 onion rolls
4 strips of bacon, cooked
1/4 cup cheddar cheese (or whatever you prefer!)
2 tbsp BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
2 tbsp steak sauce (I used A.1.)
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
jalapeño pepper, de-seeded and diced
dab of butter (~1/4 tbsp)

"Special Sauce" is really just:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp horseradish
1 tsp sriracha hot sauce 

People make burgers in many different ways - I tend to change it up myself depending on the ingredients I have on-hand and the mood I'm in that day! You can add eggs, breadcrumbs, cheese, or veggies to our burgers depending on the consistency and flavor you are going for.

Here's how I made my burger's today:

First I diced the jalapeño and set aside. I used only half of a pepper because I was only using them in two of the four burgers.


Combine ground beef, BBQ sauce, steak sauce, mustard, and seasonings.


Fold the mixture gently until consistency is...consistent. I made two batches - one with jalapeños and one without.


Shape into four equal sized patties. 

Note: When I am not using any sort of filler in my burgers, I usually make a point to depress the middle of the patty about 1/4 of an inch so the middle does not rise.
Put a large frying pan on medium-high heat and allow the pan to get HOT. Once the pan is hot, hot place the dab of butter in the center and coat the pan with a thin layer of butter. Quickly place the patties on the hot pan before the butter starts to burn.

Reduce heat slightly and cook each side of the burger for 4-5 minutes, flipping once. The key is to sear the outer edges of the beef and lock in the flavor. We like our burgers slightly-charred on the outside and medium to medium-rare on the inside.


I grilled four onion rolls on a flat frying pan, first coating the pan with a thin layer a butter on medium heat.


Place your burger on the bun and top with bacon, cheese, and whatever condiments you like! Serve with a mixed green salad or sweet potato fries.

I made a 'Special Sauce' by mixing together mayo, ketchup, horseradish, and sriracha hot sauce.


Enjoy!

- Chef Genny













No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!