Saturday, May 10, 2014

Morning Muffin Tops

This morning I had nothing but time on my hands as I contemplated what to make for breakfast. This is what I came up with:



Using a regular 12-cup muffin tin, these Saturday morning creations were made with the following ingredients:

2 medium red potatoes, diced fine
9 eggs, scrambled

To taste:
diced green peppers
diced red peppers
diced onion
diced ham (could use bacon bits, pieces of sausage, etc.)
shredded cheddar cheese
chives, chopped fine
olive oil
salt & pepper

First, spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray. I used a small dab of butter for each muffin and the result was a little messier than I had hoped. Second try using non-stick spray yielded much better results.

Preheat the over to 350 degrees.

To create the 'hashbrown' base, I used a Pampered Chef food chopper to chop the red potatoes very fine:

  

Then I put in a bowl and added about 2 tbsp olive oil, some fresh cut chives from my garden, and some salt & pepper:



I mixed this all together and spread into each of the twelve muffin cups. I filled each one about half way, pressing gently to fill the bottom of each cup.


I baked the hash browns for 10 minutes while prepping the remaining ingredients:


Once the potatoes were slightly browned, I layered various ingredients on top (peppers & onions, then meat, then cheese) and then topped with the scrambled eggs before baking.


Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from muffin pan. Using a butter knife, gently loosen the Muffin Top from its cup and serve!



Once again, this is a great recipe for intentional leftovers! I will grab one or two and take them to work for an awesome on-the-go breakfast. Hope you enjoy!!

- Chef Genny




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!