Saturday, May 10, 2014

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork BBQ



One of my favorite weekday meals is pulled-pork sandwiched (or beef...or chicken...or turkey!) I like pork because it can sit in the slow cooker all day without fear of becoming too dry while I am at work.
First, put 2-3 lb bone-in pork loin in crock pot. Fill with water so the pork is just covered.  Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add onions, potatoes, and carrots for an added treat!
Once the pork is fully cooked, drain the water from the crock pot and turn off heat. Pull away any bones or large chunks of gristle and fat that you don't want. The bones should slide off the meat like butter! 
For the next step, I usually wait about 10-15 minutes so the meat has some time to cool. If it's too hot the meat can get mushy...Using two forks, gently pull apart the meat. You can do this however little or much you like depending on your own preference.
This recipe is super easy and is perfect for throwing together right before you walk out the door at 7 AM!



Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. The time it takes to cook through will depend on the size and temperature settings of your crock pot. 

Then, stir in your favorite barbecue sauce and mix until the meat is thoroughly coated. At this point, I usually turn the crock pot back to low to keep the BBQ warm until everyone has had a chance to get seconds!


For a yummy pork BBQ sandwich, I like to use potato rolls and a pinch of cheddar cheese. I am also a hot sauce junkie and for BBQ I like to use sriracha sauceTo top it all off I added avocado slices for a healthy, colorful, and most importantly a tasty bonus!


I hope you enjoy this simple and delicious recipe - and remember, leftovers keep in the fridge for days of BBQ heaven!

- Chef Genny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!